I believe that most people know that this condition is inflammation of the lining of the vagina, with pain, itching or burning when urinating.
Vaginitis is very common in postmenopausal women, in whom the vaginal tissue thins and becomes susceptible to irritation. There may also be a vaginal discharge.
Infectious vaginitis can be sexually transmitted or can be caused by a change in the delicate ecology of a healthy vagina.
Another cause of this condition is the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics favor infections with yeast or candidiasis (candida albicans) whose main symptoms are vulvar itching, becoming very severe and a thick and coagulated discharge.
Sometimes there are health problems such as diabetes or immunodeficiency (HIV), which contribute to the proliferation of candida, in which case you should seek professional care.
In this article, I will recommend some natural remedies to eliminate this problem. These are the following:
- One of the best known remedies for this condition is to wash the herbs. You must have antiseptic plants. These are: St. John’s wort, moisturizer, purple echinacea, fresh plantain, garlic and calendula to which we will add emollient herbs such as console or simfit leaves. and minor attention to soothing membranes. Calendula is both antiseptic and restorative. This wash is alternated with an acidophilic one (to restore the benign flora).
- Another very good and at the same time natural remedy is nutrition. People suffering from this condition should avoid sweet foods, yeasts and fermented foods. Consumption of sugar helps to reproduce Candida and feeds it, which is why it should be avoided.
- Specialists in the field also say that these vaginal infections respond well to treatments with vitamin A, C, E; Complex B, beta carotene and bioflavonoids.
- Topically, iodine, boric acid and gentian violet are recommended. Boric acid powder suppositories mixed with three herbs are excellent: blueberries (Berberis Vulgaris), hydrastia (hidrastia canadensis) and calendula (calendula officinalis). All these are antifungal, prepared in the form of capsules.
- The last remedy in this article is to soak your apple cider vinegar. Put 2 teaspoons of vinegar in a liter of water, then acidophilic (two open capsules in a liter of water) or a solution of water and garlic in capsules or fresh juice are also good natural remedies for vaginitis.